- Criminal law
- International criminal law
- Human rights
- Information technology
- Personal data protection
Emmanuel DAOUD specialises in criminal law (corporate and ordinary criminal law) and compliance. He also practices in the areas of cybercrime, personal data protection and sports law.
Emmanuel DAOUD is particularly active in the fields of international criminal law and human rights, corporate social responsibility and sustainable development.
Lastly, Emmanuel DAOUD has developed expertise in the field of combating terrorism, particularly in light of the legislative arsenal adopted in this area in recent years, and focuses on the implications of these new laws for fundamental rights and freedoms.
He holds a post-graduate degree (DEA) in general private law (University of Paris Panthéon-Sorbonne, 1986) and has been a member of the Paris Bar since 1988. He has been on the List of Counsel before the International Criminal Court (ICC) since 2005, and is a member of the Governing Board and an expert before the Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE).
Before founding the VIGO Law Office with Christine Carpentier and Julie Ferrari, Emmanuel DAOUD was a partner in Stasi & Associés (1999) and was previously with Farthouat, Stasi et Asselineau (1995).
He also holds the following functions :
• Member of the FIDH legal action group;
• Member of the “Experts Committee” and Director of the “Libertés et Solidarité” ethical mutual fund (FIDH);
• Special advisor for the International Federation of Human Rights (FIDH);
• Director of the Alliance of Lawyers for Human Rights (AADH);
• Member of the Dalloz “AJ Pénal” Scientific Committee;
• Member of the Scientific Council of “Revue Lamy Droit des Affaires”;
• Jointly responsible for a column in the “Constitutions” journal/Applied constitutional law review (Editions Dalloz);
• Member of the Management Committee of the “Sécurité & Stratégie” review;
• Trainer at the Circle of Safety and Security Directors (CDSE);
• Trainer at the Paris Bar Lawyer Training Programme (EFB);
• Trainer at the National School for the Judiciary (ENM);
• Trainer at the National School for Firefighter Officers (ENSOSP);
• Teacher in the M1 and M2 Master programmes at the following universities: Paris-Descartes / Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne / Paris II Pantheon Assas / Aix Marseille Law Faculty;
• Member of the French-Spanish Chamber of Commerce;
• Member of the French Association for the Promotion of Commercial Jurisdictions (AFFIC).
The firm is a member of the GESICA international legal network.